- Silver 'Sweetheart' Pendant with Garnet £29.99
- ANKLE CHAINS
- BLUE JOHN
- MIXED PACKAGE
By Price Range
Featured ProductsSilver Celtic Bangle with Amber
Silver Bangle with Amber Stone'Celtic Wish" Very Pretty Soft...
Ceirys Jewellery Blog
- 30 May 2019
- 7 May 2019
- 14 Dec 2018
- 3 Dec 2018
- RSS Feed
- More >>>
- Delivery and Shipping
- How to Order
- Order Cancellation
- Returns Policy
- Shipping Costs
- Terms and Conditions
- Care and Cleaning of Jewellery
- What is Blue John?
Privacy and Data Protection
Ceirys Designer Jewellery is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
You can browse the Ceirys Designer Jewellery website without disclosing any personal data but when you enter our website, we automatically collect the following information about your computer and browsing session which is not personal to you:
- Information about your PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone
- Your IP address
- Your browser type
- The length of your visit
- The pages you viewed, duration on each page, the web page you entered initially our site and the web page on which you left our website
- The means by which you arrived at or were referred to our website.
If you decide to order any product from us, we need to collect personal information from you. We ask for personal information, such as your name and address, telephone number and email address to enable us to process any order you may place and to provide a service to you and for the other purposes detailed below. As soon as you enter the payment system, your browsing session will be within a secure environment. We use a system for payment which ensures we do not collect or retain your credit or debit card details on our servers: these are used solely by our payment authorising supplier, PayPal or SagePay, who are well known to have industry standard security. See here for the SagePay Security Policy.
You will need to create a login and password to enable you to register on our website and use your account. To protect your security, we do not have access to your password on our "back office" system. That information is held on our systems but is not visible to our staff.
We would like to contact you to tell you about offers and new products available and to send you newsletters. We will ask you for your permission to use your personal contact details to send you emails or, if necessary, to telephone or text you. If you do not give your permission for us to contact you, we will not do so. If you agree that we may contact you, we will do so only by the means to which you have agreed. If you decide you would no longer wish to receive contact from us, please click on the unsubscribe which is on every email or telephone us on the "Contact Us" phone number on the website. Because it can take a few days to remove you from our mailing list, it is possible that you may continue to receive emails from us for a short period after you have unsubscribed.
Ceirys Designer Jewellery is a trading name of Ceirys Jewellery Limited.
Our internal systems are designed to protect your privacy.
- Your personal information can only be accessed by those who NEED to have access to it.
- We have full login and password access controls on all our computers and servers. Only those who have the required access codes can access our computers.
- All employees are required to sign employment contracts which have confidentiality clauses.
- Our offices are locked at all times.
Ceirys Designer Jewellery is the Data Controller for any personal data that you supply to us as part of the services you are contracted to receive from us. As our client, you are our data subject.
Our address is:
Ceirys Designer Jewellery
Unit 1B Whitebridge Estates
Telephone 01785 819581
The person to contact for Data Protection and GDPR purposes is The Managing Director at the above address and contact details.
2.What sort of personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected depends on how you use our website. You can browse the site, you can fill in forms on the website to request information from us, download documents from us or you can subscribe to our emails and other activities. The website collects personal data to provide these services.
We collect information about you when you visit our website; subscribe to our newsletters or to receive our publications and engage in business dealings with us. This will include such information as (this list is not exhaustive):
· Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us;
· Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
· Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password (although your password is only held on our servers and is not at anytime visible to us for security reasons);
· Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
· Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device's make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
· Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you send to us or you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don't open them or don't click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
3.What we do with your personal data?
When you visit our website, a record of your visit is made. This data includes your device's IP address. That data is used completely anonymously, in order to determine the number of people who visit our website and the most frequently used sections of the site. This enables us to continually update and refine the site. If you use any forms on the website to send an email to us, a record will also be made of your email address and your telephone number. If you visit our website having searched for us using any search term and arrived at our website by using a search engine, such as Google or Bing, those search engines will also collect information about your device's IP address, the time that you visit our site, the duration of your visit and other information relevant to your visit. This information is held and processed by the search engine company, but we have access to some of this information in an anonymous form to assist us in analysing access to our website and improving its offering to you and our customers.
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a "legal basis" for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
· Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
· Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
· Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
· Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
· Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else's life;
· Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
· Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
· Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
The following table sets out how we handle your personal data and our legal basis for doing so under GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What we do
Our legal basis under GDPR
Use the personal data that you provide on our web forms and questionnaires
Article 6(1)(b) – when you provide us with your personal data, for instance to obtain a quote for our services, this is a necessary step to take at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
Provide our core services of provision and selling of jewellery
Article 6(1)(b) – this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, our data subject
Contact you regarding the products and services we provide
Article 6(1)(f) – we need to contact you for our legitimate interests so that we can gather more information for the provision of our services, or to deliver those services most effectively
Retain your data under our data retention policy after your contract has expired
Article 6(1)(f) – we need to retain your personal data for only as long as necessary under the law to protect our legitimate interests
The following table sets out the categories of personal data that weobtain.
Name, postal address, email address, website, identification number, location data, online identifier – these are classed as personal data
This data is provided by you on our web forms and questionnaires, if subscribe to one of our newsletters, request a service from us or as part of the provision of your existing contractual services.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose the information collected to compile statistical data and to maintain our database, develop/improve our website, respond to any email enquiries, notify you of any upcoming marketing,other events that you have opted in to, provide you with services and documentation, manage quality control, manage systems administration, attend to compliance issues, provide you or your organisation with advice.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose which is not related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the above purposes without your consent unless otherwise authorised, required or permitted under the laws of England and Wales. The Company does not sell your data to third parties.
If you no longer wish to receive information about our services, please send unsubscribe from our email list by use of the link on any marketing email or email us at the email address above advising us that you do not wish to receive further information.
5.Will we disclose your data?
Personal data will only be disclosed on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide services such as financial or administrative services in connection with the operation of our business; and to any person (where necessary) in connection with their services, such as law enforcement, regulatory authorities, partners or advisors.
The handling of these operations is governed by a data processing contract between us and our external service provider, ensuring a commitment to the principals of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We ensure external service providers are only authorised to use personal data for the limited purposes specified in our agreement with them.
6.Keeping youinformed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Ceirys Designer Jewellery from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where we have your consent, or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post or email.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but if you receive a service from us we may still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by contacting us at the above address either by letter or email.
Please note that it can take up a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you'd like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may already be in transit.
7.How long we keep your personal data?
Personal data from our data subjects is retained in line with our data retention policy. The Company keeps most data for 7 years, which covers the 6 years by law in which we have to keep certain information for a minimum of 6 years plus the current year. Personal data that is no longer necessary to be kept under our Company's data retention policy will be deleted.
You have the following rights in relation to personal data held on youby the Company:
· The right to be informed about how personal data is used – (this notice)
· The right to access a copy of personal data that the Company holds about you
· The right to rectification of any errors in personal data held by the Company
· The right to erasure of any personal data
· The right to restrict processing
· The right to data portability
· The right to object
· Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
If you wish to learn more about these rights and how they operate,please look at the ICO's website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
The Company does not operate any automated decision-making systems.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data please email email@example.com or write to our Managing Director at Unit 1B,Whitebridge Estates, Whitebridge Lane, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8LQ. Proof of your identity may be required for security purposes.
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us when you exercise your GDPR rights or Data Protection Act 2018 rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the ICO. More guidance about raising a complaint with us is available on the ICO's website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ and for raising a complaint with the ICO, more information is available on https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of this website and compile reports for us on activity on the website. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States and the transfer of the data to servers in the USA is governed by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. More information about Google's compliance with GDPR can be obtained from their website https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
11.How to contact us
Ceirys Designer Jewellery
Unit 1B Whitebridge Estates
Telephone 01785 819581